2 channel SACD vs Multichannel SACD players...

Is there a difference between dedicated 2 channel SACD players and multi-channel SACD players? Do they read the information the same? How do multichannel SACD players output into 2 channel? Is 2 channel playback from a dedicated 2 channel SACD superior to a multi-channel, non-dedicated 2 channel player?

Or is this a moot point? Is SACD, SACD, and it all depends on the build quality of the unit?
matchstikman
Soundhd...The downmix mode of player operation is described in the player owner's manual. I have used Panasonic, Pioneer, and Denon DVD-A players and they all did it. The producer of the disc can lock out this downmix feature by info on the disc, but I have not seen any like that.

Also, I heard somewhere that the gain coefficients for the downmix process are not fixed by the player design, but are provided to the player from the disc.

DVD-A discs do not have more than one layer. On SACD the SACD stereo program is on the same layer as the Multichannel program, but on a different area of the disc. The CD-readable program is on the second layer of a SACD disc.
I'm just a casual reader of this site, but it is obvious "Eld" is an Audio Geek and suffer from "now it all syndrome". I suggest "Eld" get out more...like to a few Star Trek conventions to master his Klingon.
Where did that guy come from. Must be an alien.

Anyway, I just got a Panasonic SA-XR10 receiver (digital multichannel) and it also talks about the downmix feature.