$6000 used:Revel Ultima Studio?

Hi
My speakers are 15 years old (Snell type B) and i am thinking about upgrading.With the tax return looming and Christmas bonus forthcoming (i am planning that far) i will have around $ 6500 to burn.After researching Audiogon used market i have my sight set on Revel Ultima Studio just because it was designed by the same person as my current Snells (Kevin Voecks) and i want a relatively current model.
But i have second thoughts because i've encountered several posts about Revels being harsh and clinical and that is not what i'm after.I like sound with a soul,kinda like old CJ sound.I am looking forward for your reccomendations regarding which speaker will set me up really good for the next 10 years at around 6k.
overhang
They have more soul than the Snells. But, really, since they are a current model, why don't you go and listen to them.

Kal
Kals right.But if you can't get to them check prices and I think you'll see if you made a istake then you will find you can sel;l for what you paid for them.I love 'em.Make sure ytou don't match them with 15 year old that ius wrn out (heat and time kills-dried out capacitors etc) so match them with good el;ectronics.If you can swing it a pair of 100 poluis tubes in amp will take away clinical sound bete r yet maybe more VTL makes hgher powered amps that especially used don't cost arm and a leg.Solid state Plinius-nmot cheap but tube lowers solid state amp.Depending on size of room a $3500 used BAT with tubes and solid state amp would be grewat (not overly tubeyand less upkeepo every 2-3K jours withoutputs depend on 10K with ones in line section.Plus adding New Old Stock tubes could be lot's of fun.Brsyton is buidget king with 4B ST-just got a set for freinds maggies for less than $1500 and have near 300wats though rated at 250-.Just don't get amp that's hard an clinical.Krell is out.New Class D amps to neutral (some amps are ruthlessly revealing and you want more fogiving amp)Get them and experiment and if not your cup of tea planty more to try but at same time you mighht give up great speakers at goo d price.
Chazzbo
Chazzbo,

I would not recomend the Bryston's for Revel's, they don't mate well, and in my mind, or more to my ears can't handle the load during complicated passages.
the studios are a very nice sounding speaker. i listened to a pair about a month ago at a local dealer. they also had the pair for sale for $6300.