A brutal review of the Wilson Maxx

I enjoy reading this fellow (Richard Hardesty)

http://www.audioperfectionist.com/PDF%20files/APJ_WD_21.pdf

g_m_c
I scaned the review rather quickly and have to agree with him as I have never been impressed with wilson speakers especially the watt puppy 6/7's and the maxx's. They are built very well and the finish is excellent as is the components used in their construction. It is just that their sound has never impressed me. Maybe if I heard them in my enviroment with my electronics I would feel differently. But for now they are not my cup of tea. I can appreciate that some people love them and that's great. This hobby is after all what pleases the listener not what the media necessarily thinks.

Chuck
I have the exact same feelings as Chuck. I don't know why but I never thought systems with Wilson speakers had much life to them - they are simply too sterile for me.

I see a bias in all reviews, whether Watch Dog or Stereophile. I trust my ears instead.
Finally, someone who doesn't have Wilson in their pocket telling the truth. Stereophile and TAS are obviously interested in keeping the advertising $ rolling in.

Overpriced!
You mean a brutal review of the reviews of the Wilson Maxx. I'm not sure he even listened to the speakers much, since he only gives 2 sentences about his listening impressions, without any info regarding the circumstances under which these opinions were formed. I am not familiar with the speakers in question, so will not offer any judgement of my own regarding who's right, but it doesn't seem to me that he offers a serious subjective review of the speakers, only a critique of other reviews and the measurements mde by others.