A friend told me JBL DD67000 is actually very bad speaker, is it true?

According to him, those Tidal, Kharma, YG, Magico, Vivid G1, Grande Focal and German Physik are truely good speakers, JBL ain't no good...and his reasons: JBL is boxy, horny coloration as hell, zero imaging.

is this true?

128x128mtoc
Actually, the big JBL is a wonderful speaker.....VPI uses it for the definitive test for their highest end turntables.
The JBL DD67000 are a great speaker for listen to Chinese Drums etc.The latest JBL are using cutting edge technology and great for those who like there Bass.....
I have the same experience as paranee. JBL (I believe it was DD67000) was the best sounding speaker at the show, unexpectedly. Now I’m curious about their less expensive or older models, and wondering if they are still as good as the DD67000.
The Everest is excellent. It really is intended for either solid state amplifiers or tube amps employing lots of loop negative feedback. 
Hey I read it in hifi magazines too and even heard Junky But Loud, but when I hooked up 4312 to 10w tube amp, I realized that they ROCK, sing and dance --  in other words "full service".