Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
Hi Bill. I am very familiar with Faber. The Strads are sensational and the Amati Futura is as well. Their new Lilium is stunning. The Strads and Futura are both rear ported and won't work in my room. And i spoke at length with the guys at Faber about the Lilium and the consensus was that with the top firing woofer and unique poring system it would be a hit or miss in my size room. No one was willing to put them in my room to try, so I moved on....

Abedirov - I would be happy to try it but I'm not willing to buy one to do so. The guys at Lampy have offered me a Baby 7 to try, and I look forward to that. I'll post if that happens.
09-13-15: Bill_k
It is said that many listeners think they want a system with flat frequency response, until they hear one! My experience agrees with Agear's.

Yessir. I have fiddled with room correction software in the past to create a ruler flat response, and the result is the same.
09-14-15: Abedirov
Matt, are you planning to audition Lampizator Golden Gate? I am asking as I plan to upgrade my Lampi L4 and GG is one of my top choices.

I have a Lampizator GG and love it.
Matt, it is strange that Lampi people are not willing to give you GG to try given the vast popularity of your thread. I look forward to your impressions of the Lite 7, but I do not think it can compete with the other great DACs you've tried.
09-14-15: Abedirov
Matt, it is strange that Lampi people are not willing to give you GG to try given the vast popularity of your thread. I look forward to your impressions of the Lite 7, but I do not think it can compete with the other great DACs you've tried.

From what I understand, Lucas is heavily backordered on GGs and 211 amps. Have you heard the L7?