Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
Matt, it is strange that Lampi people are not willing to give you GG to try given the vast popularity of your thread. I look forward to your impressions of the Lite 7, but I do not think it can compete with the other great DACs you've tried.
09-14-15: Abedirov
Matt, it is strange that Lampi people are not willing to give you GG to try given the vast popularity of your thread. I look forward to your impressions of the Lite 7, but I do not think it can compete with the other great DACs you've tried.

From what I understand, Lucas is heavily backordered on GGs and 211 amps. Have you heard the L7?
Matt, the jbl speakers are not about specs, they sound really musical and clear, until you listened long term to a well broken in pair, no one can say anything about them, they really sound good, hey, go listen!
Matt,
I presume you saw the MSB Diamond DAc 1V Plus with Diamond Power Base and DATA CD 1V Cd transport on AG for 19,999. Its been on for a while; bet you could snare it pretty cheap.
Agear, I have not heard the L7 yet. The local dealer just sold his only demo version of the B7. He will receive the GG in a month or 2, and I plan to audition it as soon as it arrives.