Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
Agear, I have not heard the L7 yet. The local dealer just sold his only demo version of the B7. He will receive the GG in a month or 2, and I plan to audition it as soon as it arrives.
AudioLabyrinth, Matt is not disputing your assertion about the JBLs quality/musicality/desirability.... He heard them and likes them fine... The speakers are too large for his room. See the following fragment from his post on the subject:

"The JBL DD-67000 are
dual 15" drivers and are 38" wide; way too big for my small room. I have heard them and they are great, but not a match for my needs."

G.
Abedirov, have you seen the latest Lite& reviews?

http://www.audiostream.com/content/lampizator-lite-7-dsd-dac#5QSAiHOiLrQYrGwi.97
(Favourite greatest bits)

and

http://www.inearspace.com/#!LampizatOr-Lite-7-The-BIG-DAC/c112t/55f190580cf20cc524a5442d
Hi All,
I'm getting a little disillusioned here, thought I was reading the wrong thread.
Was it not about the best dac for redbook?
Sorry guys for pouring cold water
Raymond
09-16-15: Cusco69
Hi All,
I'm getting a little disillusioned here, thought I was reading the wrong thread.
Was it not about the best dac for redbook?
Sorry guys for pouring cold water
Raymond

Raymond, when Matt goes off his meds, his mentation tends to wander....