Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
09-16-15: Cusco69
Hi All,
I'm getting a little disillusioned here, thought I was reading the wrong thread.
Was it not about the best dac for redbook?
Sorry guys for pouring cold water
Raymond

Raymond, when Matt goes off his meds, his mentation tends to wander....
Hi Ray. You pour your cold water and add ice. But throw in a few strawberries, some rum and use a blender; tastes better that way. :)

My digressions know no boundaries. I have taken this fun thread on a wild ride thrugh Uber Speaker Land and I think we have all come out better for it. Or at least refreshed and ready to attack the DAC with renewed fervor.

With that said, I apologize to Ray to report to those interested that the Isis arrived today. I now need to get them downstairs and hook them up and listen. They are well broken in from what I understand and should sound Bizang within a day or so of hook up. I'm really looking forward to this! I'm a little nervous since I own the Consequences and am worried that I might like the Isis better and will need to move the Consequence. But the Consequence has proven a serious state of the art contender and is tough competition for any newcomer. We shall see. I'm burning the Consequences in now and plan on getting 500-1000 hours on them as quick as I can. Running them 24/7.

I am happy to report to Ray and the other DAC loving followers that I have confirmed an Emm Labs DAC2X inbound next Friday as well as the Allnic DHT DAC around the same time (along with an Antipodes DX) and I think I have secured an audition the an MSB DAC V and a Lampy Baby 7.

So lots coming up to report.

I'm also auditioning an Ethernet/USB audiophile grade distribution hub that looks very interesting. I don't know if I can report who makes it yet as the manufacturer US rep is sending it to me to evaluate for them. But I'll check and report as things happen.
Matt,
What really interests me is how your high powered amplifiers interact with these speakers. Both companies have excellent reputations. Trenner Friedl and Dynaudio have very different design approaches/philosophy and construction/Xovers/drivers etc. One will be a better synergistic fit with "your" amplifier, even though both speakers individually are considered to be terrific. I'm looking forward to your in house audition. Thanks for sharing these experiences.
Charles,
Thankyou Guidocorona, I over looked what Matt had said, however in Japan, they have been using the jbl's in small room's with success,they also have adjustments on the speaker's for room corrections, not sure if he knew that, cheers.