Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
Matt,
What really interests me is how your high powered amplifiers interact with these speakers. Both companies have excellent reputations. Trenner Friedl and Dynaudio have very different design approaches/philosophy and construction/Xovers/drivers etc. One will be a better synergistic fit with "your" amplifier, even though both speakers individually are considered to be terrific. I'm looking forward to your in house audition. Thanks for sharing these experiences.
Charles,
Thankyou Guidocorona, I over looked what Matt had said, however in Japan, they have been using the jbl's in small room's with success,they also have adjustments on the speaker's for room corrections, not sure if he knew that, cheers.
Hi Audiolabyrinth, I am delighted that the big JBLs have found themselves cozy homes in space-challenged Japanese abodes.

Regretably, it appears however that in spite of your better judgmet, Matt feels no compunction deviating from Nipponic space utilization standards. His abode and preferences being unapologetically his own only, he appears to have declined to plunge the darling BBMs (Big Behamoth Speakers) down the stairs to his moderately sized musical cave.

To change his mind will require a formal petition.... 100K signatures minimum... Your direct bank deposit to his account to cover all costs.... And a further compensation in kind or cash arbitrated by a federal judge to cover any incidentals: medical, legal, and psychological counseling, and... underground escavations to build Structural extensions of his basement into the extant hillside to optimize the listening space for the oversized creatures.

G.
Regards, G.