Amphenol glass toslinks - First impressions

I just got my Amphenol glass toslink cables. I have done a quick a/b between it and a basic $5.00 fiber toslink .
The detail is very noticable right off the bat. There seems to be greater hang time on the steel guitars, the brush on the snare is more defined and the texture of the electronocs is more distinct. The soundstage seems to be deeper also. The vocals and instruments that are far back also are not muddy, but very clear and crisp.
In my opinion they do make a definite difference over the standard fiber cables that I have been buying elsewhere.

Anyone else notice that difference when changing to glass?
128x128mattzack2
Mattzack2 - What I said applies to "upsampling" DACs and not to your NOS DAC. With your DAC transport and cable will make big difference!
I feel pretty foolish reporting back before final testing but the sounds coming from my cheap cable and my Oppo do sound surprisingly good. I will swap back to my optimal system 'a' and compare again tonight.

I really think that Kijanki has stumbled across something that a lot of cable and source equipment sellers might be afraid to hear.

I would like to see a new thread exploring Kijanki's findings.
Amphenol Cables on Demand
20 Valley Street
Endicott, NY 13760

The Cables on Demand Team
866-223-2860
Hi Mattzack2,

Did you find Valab well matches with teac VRDS10 ?
Did you notice any jitter problems ?
Thanks

vichai