Amplifier maintenance for beginners

What kind of maintenance is recommended for beginners? Can I clean the circuit boards, or output connections? Is there something called contact cleaner?
samuellaudio
Make sure the tire pressure is checked when the tires are cold and not while you are driving around, half a km is the extreme if you need to go to a gas station. After that the tires get warmed up and you get incorrect reading.

As for your question the best answer on this thread is "If if ain't broke don't fix it"
If one has purchased an amp that has been sitting dormant for over 6 months what are the proper things to check and do without going to a tech for a check up?

For me a tech to review and check things is a bit far, a little pricey and inconvenient.

First I vacuumed the vents. Then after letting the amp sit at room temperature for a couple of hours I opened it up. I cleaned the circuit boards with a dusting spray. For the terminals and ICs (outside and inside) I used DeOxit. Is there anything else that should be done? Can I just plug in the amp now and play.

I'd like to pose this situation to members here to share their thoughts and experiences for us novices/beginners.

Thanks in advance.
I just realized I forgot some additional details. The situation I mention above is for a solid state amp. Also I wiped down the heatsinks. Thanks again
Bring the thing up on a variac. Start at about 75% line voltage and gradually build. Make sure it does its math home work and practices pronunciation of its consonants. If it gives you any feedback PUNISHMENT IS IN ORDER.
Turn it on turn it off clean rcas and speaker terminal with Kontack thats it.