Anyone else feel left out?

'Gons talk a lot about equipment (new or used) that is way beyond the financial means of most people. Thousands of dollars for a Dac? Ten thousand for a pair of mono blocks?
The pros and cons of 15k a pair speakers? Cabling that costs as much as college tuition? How about a system where the cd player is no more than $500, pre and power amp no more than $500 each, speakers no more than $1k a pair and cabling no more than $10 a foot. Jazz and classical music will be enjoyed. This would be a system that would still be superior to most home systems, but would be within the reach of a wider range of music fans. What are your recommendations for a system of new equipment, used equipment or a mix of both?
jw94055
Guess y'ar'nt feeling so left out anymore, eh? I'm actually feeling all warm and fuzzy all over!! Oooohh, yeahhhh!

Marco
I do, especially when I read the U.S. audio mag's like Stereophile where "A" preamps range from a $4,300 SimAudio to a $39,000 Boulder. Okay, I left out the $1,000 Plecette passive. That's not a true pre anyhow, (dodging flames).
I have found plenty of great bargains at audio chat sites where advertising dollars don't dictate what is "good".

What struck me when I started in audio was people arguing about $15,000 Classe vs. Krell amps while here I was looking at a $1,500 integrated. It's like, no matter how much you spend you never find peace of mind. You spend 10DX the money and still don't know if you've got something good or good enough. Shouldn't $15,000 buy you peace of mind? I guess not.
This is the place to put together a system,everyone here is serious about audio and you can find many deals on things right here. Do your research,but you'll never be satisfied.I am always looking to better my system. It's aways unfinished business. Have fun!!!!
jolida 102 el84 int amp with mods..575...omega speakers...say 900...sony dvp-s7000 for transport....150...used audio note dac 1 for 500

would sound very nice once the speakers are broken in for a total of...2100 plus some moderate priced wires...would sound great
I've always promoted "bang for the buck" items, and I think that they can produce a very enjoyable system, when correctly matched.

I never had the money to play in the ultra high end priced products, so I have had to be very studious in choosing things that I could afford, and also was quite enterprising in doing mods and experiments that could bring the performance of my mid-priced items up a little bit higher on the scale.

You can get a very good result from reasonably priced products. Maybe not the "ultimate", but easily listenable, and musically enjoyable.