Anyone hear the Von Schweikert DB-99?

Does anyone own or heard this speaker? If so, please give me your impressions.

Also, what are the sonic benefits (if any) in a high efficency speaker over regular efficency?

Thanks
tickfight
This may be a good point overall. I wonder if the DB-99's were put in the room where the VR 4 SR's were and the same CD player used if they would have sounded as uninspiring as the VR 4 JR's did? Which is to say that the DB-99's could be viewed as more versitile as they have bass management and perhapse easier regarding image placement. Just a thought.
I own one of the few pair of VS DB-100's, which VS no longer produces. According to Kevin at VS, it certainly wasn't due to the sonics, but due to the aesthetics. Mine are 200 pounds each, a little under 5' tall, 22" deep and 14" wide. They also contain the bass amps and controls. They are covered by a simple black fabric with black end caps. They look fine to me. I'd rather invest in sonics then aesthetics anyway.

The DB-100's preceded the new incarnation of the DB-99's. They both retail for the same amount. I wonder why the DB-100's are significantly heavier and larger?

Anyway, I think mine are great and I'm sure the new DB-99's are, as well. Mine are matched with Art Audio Jota Monoblocks which are 20 watt SET's. A fantastic match with more power than I need. Imaging is fantastic. I recomend using a Systrum stand with your equipment as well as putting a Systrum SP-1 under each speaker. Much improved clarity, etc.
I had a 3 hour audition Friday March 4th and intend to buy a pair...listened at Quest for Sound near Philly....best speakers I've ever heard....they played very loud with good bass on 11 watt Consonance monoblocks and ditto with the Marsh SS 200 watt amp....soundfield and dynamics were incredibly lifelike...I've never experienced this with a loudspeaker before and I've heard some big bucks jobs...the design is good looking and not room over powering...compared to the VR4 jr's they were definitely a huge step up and worth the extra money.
Hi Larry,

Quest for Sound was the dealer at THE Show that had them hooked up to the same Consonance gear when I heard them... The match is a perfect one, as far as I am concerned. I think you are going to be *very* happy with your decision... You are lucky to live near Quest for Sound... Few people will ever be able to hear that particular combo (VS DB-99s paired with Consonance)... Just great stuff. Enjoy!

---Dave