ARC VSi60 vs Ayon Spirit II/III

My experiment is over, and I officially miss the valve (no offense to friends of Solid State. Most of the rest of my world is SS).

Currently have a Krell S-300i, and am looking to move into a Tube Integrated. Used to have a McCormack DNA-50 & ARC SP9 MKII, then decided to save space, and moved to an SS integrated. Space saving remains in play. No capital outlay until January, but am doing the research now, and am soliciting opinions here, at the "Oracle".

And so the quandary: ARC VSi60 vs Ayon Spirit II/III.
A show of hands...please.
Here's my rig:
http://cgim.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/vs_user.pl?vopin&1262375142

As always, any and all opinions/suggestions/rants are appreciated.

neutron
Haven't heard the ARC so can't comment comparison wise, or otherwise about it. I have the Spirit 2 in my main system - very well built, have had zero issues with it, easy to bias, and it maintains its bias very well. I have had no synergy issues whether using Blue Circle, Audio Note or Stello DACs with it, nor with my Clearaudio TT, or with using either JM Reynauds or Tyler Acoustic speakers. To my ears, the Spirit ismusically engaging and non-fatiguing, has good dynamics, and plenty of power.
Hi Folks,

Thanks for the feedback!

I've had an SP9 MKII preamp previously and enjoyed it a lot. then I went the SS Integrated route.

I've heard the VSI60 with the Sonus speakers I have, and the Ayre CX-7eMP CDP that I have, and there is a fine synergy there. Still need to have a listen to the Ayon, which i'm looking forward to. McIntosh is always a great idea, and so I'll give it a listen, especially since my local shop carries both ARC & McIntosh (along with Ayre and Sonus Faber).

After reading a post response that referenced a recommendation for a sauce to accompany an undisclosed entree ;-), it would be good idea if I included the speakers I have:

Sonus Faber Grand Piano Home, second gen.

The link in my original post pointing to my "rig" was, of course, useless. The system link adjacent to my user name at the bottom of my posts does point to a current snapshot of my system.

Thanks,
Gary
A buddy of mine here on agon (the_kid) has had GP's for years & ran them w/a cary sli-80 & really liked the combo but has since moved onto a Unison integrated i believe. i used to have the ARC vsi55 that i bought new w/my present speakers & it didn't have good synergy...it had plenty of punch but came off dry & not quite 20/20 vision if you get my drift. for my money i'd go w/the Ayon for the triode mode ability & more user friendliness...i.e. fused power tubes being the most important along w/conventional knobs instead of the push button ARC & my guess better sound.
I agree with Pehare and would go with an amp offering triode operation. Also, I prefer to be able to manually bias my tubes. The Spirit III has added auto-bias, so for me, I would go with the Spirit II unless there were some other compelling reason to go with the Spirit III.

Note too that I have not heard the ARC and do not intend for my remarks to be a comment on its sound qualities. I have heard a Spirit I and liked it just fine once the stock small tubes were replaced with some NOS tubes. The power tubes were Gold Lion KT88 and they were fine.