Are DIY Cables Worth It?

I just read a listing in the classifieds titled "Vh audio CHeLA diy bulk speaker cable" that looked interesting. It claims to sell unterminated cable for $17.95/ft that would sound like $2000 cables when terminated.

Assuming I take the time and terminate the cables correctly, from what you see on their website is this cable worth my time? (Keep in mind that my time is not overly expensive, and I will never be able to spend more than $200 on speaker cables.)

Here is a site with more information about them: http://www.vhaudio.com/wire.html#vhspeaker
128x128heyitsmedusty
I'm sure there are cables out there for 5 bucks a foot that claim to sound like 2000 dollar cables. I don't know that you place a dollar amount on cables like that.
Whether your asking from a performance or enjoyment standpoint only you can decide if it's worth your time. Are you considering it so you can save money and time or because they could sound like $2000 cables?

I built one Chris Ven Haus's Flavor 4 power cords because I wanted to learn, I thought it would be fun, and wanted to see how $180 in parts would sound compared to some of the other PCs I had at the time.

Before undertaking it, I thought the project would be worth it because I thought it would be fun. And it was.
Oh, I definitely think it would be fun as a project, but I also don't want to spend $100 on materials and 4 hours of time to get cables that sound as good as something I could have paid $20 for at Circuit City.

Here's the thing, I would like to have good quality cables, and I also think there would be added enjoyment from saying that I MADE those cables. I'm just wondering if from the technical specs on the web page they list you can tell whether I'll be making good cables that are worth my time or crappy ones.