Are manufacturers having discussions removed from Audiogon if they turn negative?

I have mostly been taking part of this forum occasionally, and from a distance if you will.  I have to admit I don't really know the kind of things that can go on, disputes or disagreements that can occur.  I have occasionally done searches in this forum using the search function to only come upon a thread that has been removed, oddly enough.

I have seen some discussions, and taken part in some others that become somewhat of a debate on certain brands, and they have become critical in some instances.  Usually fans of the brand in question rush to the defence, and from what I've seen, a healthy discourse occurs, with back and forth and occasional posts removed.  I'm thinking of smaller internet direct manufacturers such as your Emotivas, Schiit Audio, Ascend Acoustics and the like.

What I'm wondering is, have such companies had negative discussions stopped or removed?  Has anyone been part of similar discussions in which moderators suddenly step in and either lock or completely remove a discussion?

213runnin
kosst_amojan
There’s no reason to doubt the OP’s veracity ...
It isn’t at all clear that the poster’s complaint was valid - it was just another post by an anonymous user. Perhaps that’s why the OP deleted the thread. Perhaps that’s why Tekton didn’t apologize.
I'd probably want a thread removed too if some ranting fool like me went on like I did ...
Exactly - you made my point. There can be good reasons to doubt the claims of a "ranting fool."
Post removed 
Nice post, liz!

The bottom line with Tekton is, too many complaints keeping coming up for them to be faultless in all their dealings. Where there is smoke there is fire. Instead of hunting down critical threads and trying to change the message, the Tekton owner should try to treat his customers better. Taking cash money from a customer before you’ve completed anything for them is simply wrong, and a rad flag. To then make them wait several months is ridiculous and probably a good case for the Better Business Bureau.  

The small audio company Schiit audio makes it a practice to not charge your credit card until they ship your product.  I was once on a waiting list of theirs, and they never touched my cc or anyone else's until the things were shipping.

Cleeds keeps repeating his chararcter assassination theory on any customer who complains. But the cumstomer in question was most certainly level headed and not going off on tirades. He stated his case with civility and was asking for advice, not trying to malign Tekton. Tekton did that all by themselves.
213runnin
Cleeds keeps repeating his chararcter assassination theory on any customer who complains ...
I have done no such thing, and clearly there have been too many issues for Tekton to be completely blameless. But neither to I accept every claim as unvarnished truth. There are almost always two sides to every story, and sometimes more.

Let’s remember that the OP himself deleted his own thread. It’s almost as though he’s retracted his claims. Oddly, a few continue to prosecute this case without any first-hand information.
What about the more likely cause of deleting was bribery. The person was suckered into deleting it on the promise if he did, he would get his speakers. A just as likely scenario.
And we only have a second hand account that the speakers are in shipping soon to be shipped. I would guess the person who started the thread is afraid to say anything yet.. since 20 to 1 they do NOT yet actually have anything besides vaporware promises. Photos and promises mean nothing in this situation.