Audio Horizons TP 2.0 Preamplifier

Anyone famaliar with the manufacturer,and in particular
this pre amp.The credentials and testimonials seem
impressive.The advertised 10 day audition is appealing.
markwatkiss
Stltrains, I looked forward to your experience with Hifi Tuning and Furutech FI 09 connector as I am thinking of swapping the stock fuse with a higher grade fuse eg Hifi Tuning or Isoclean. One question though is Do you need to open the Nuforce casing to replace stock fuse.
I thought I see that there is flap there but seems that it is really an opening to refuse the fuse without removing the casing.

Thanks so much

Regards
YGLim
YGLim you dont need to open the case to get to the Nuforce fuse. The IEC incorporates the male plug and fuse. Theres a small tab that a small flat screwdriver will fit to pop the housing up and out the fuse clips into the housing. I had to remove the amp from my system to figure out how to pop the housing out.

Will post my findings with HiFi Tuning fuses and the IEC.
Stltrains, Thanks so much for your time. Got the fuse out but out of luck getting the required size in Singapore. Guess I will have to try outside Singapore.

Is the Furutech FI 09 meant for Nuforce as well. From the internet, I thought this IEC inlet does not come with an integrated fuse holder?

Thanks

Regards
YGLim
YG my mistake for using this tread for Nuforce discussion. I will send you a PM.

HiFi Tuning Fuses are in my 2.1rnb and i now understand why a designer like Joseph would include them in his new 2.2 pre amp. Right off the get go the difference for the better is with substance, increased resolution transparency and air. Other very noticeable improvements timber of voice and instrument has that live true sound along with a better sounding system with these little wonders.

Guys and Gals do your self a favor if you spend a lot of time in front of your speakers and get in on this very reasonable costing tweak. IMO
As we've all seen, Joseph has announced the TP2.2 preamplifier and the TD3.1 DAC. After listening to test versions of these products for months, I believe that, once you get a chance to hear them, you will be as delighted with them as I have been.

Joseph has other products in development, including new power cords, interconnects, and amplifiers.

A week ago I received the beta version of the 845 tube power amplifier. The amplifier sounds very good across the spectrum. Transients, nuance, percussion, detail, and a powerful kick drum are present. This amplifier uses various new transformers (power, output, etc), so it is a step up from the capacitor based EL34 power amplifier I previously tested.

The difference from using output transformers rather than coupling capacitors is worth the extra cost, in my opinion. The imaging is more solid and stable, especially at the frequency extremes, with the output transformers. The soundstage is deeper. I notice that my wife (who is not an audiophile but who knows good from bad) is more inclined to sing along with the system, which may indicate that the music is more engaging to her. It is to me.

The 845 amplifier is rated to 25 watts; the EL34 amplifier is rated to 6 watts. The headroom is welcome because it provides the dynamic power needed to reproduce sudden strong instrumental entries - the guitar riff, the drum beat. I've found myself startled by the effective power.

The TP2.0 preamplifier, and its successors, have been so excellent that in some regards they have overshadowed Joseph's other products. Not everyone uses a tube DAC or a phono preamplifier. But everyone will use a power amplifier and, I believe, the amps that I am testing will deliver a musical improvement similar to that of the TP preamplifiers.