audio physic virgo and valves

anyone use this combination?
I recently demo`ed the virgo with my unisis amp (35w pp tube) and they seemed fantastico! , but after getting home and reading the specs on the virgos`, i am in doubt to whether they need more power than the 35w of tube power driving them.
Has anyone had experience with the virgos on the end of tube amps?
cheers :)
paggusset
Probably the best, most musically realistic sound I heard in the entire decade of the 90s was a system with Virgo speakers powered by a simple VAC Avatar integrated amp -- 30/30w of EL34 push-pull tube beauty. Of course the power sufficiency depends upon your room size, acoustic space, surfaces, furnishings, habits, etc. but it was fine for me in a room approx 14' x 22' x 8.5'. Your amp should have 4 ohm taps.

This combination wiped out most far more expensive and elaborate systems in terms of simple sheer musical truth and it would still be quite remarkable today.

Phil
Phil, thanks for your information. My room is approx the same size as yours. I am planning to get an Octave V80 integrated and will check to see if they have 4 ohm taps.

Steve
The thing to remember is the Virgo is designed for very wide spacing, and to sit well into the room, away from boundaries. Many people who loved the speaker just couldn't make practical use of it for this reason. But if you can accommodate the setup, especially along the broad dimension, it can be deeply convincing and simple too.

Phil
Well noted. I went to the distributor showroom today (I am living in Hong Kong) but unfortunately their first shipment will not arrive until end September. So I have to wait 2 more months before I can do the audition.

Steve