AUDIO PRICE INSANITY PRICE VS. PERFORMANCE WORTH IT?

What do you y’all think? I have 30k into my system and I recently attended AXPONA 2018. I compared what I heard to what I have. I felt my system compared to the 80 to 100k systems quite well. Matching is important. Also your reference point. Any thoughts yall?  
calvinj
One last thing! I have noticed a lot of the big names comoanies are owned now by venture capitalist who are only profit motivated. Not audio motivated. That’s another reason why some of these outrageous prices happen 

Building a great sounding room and system can be done for less if one does his or hers home work . There are many great products used and new available that don’t need a mortgage . In my quest to achieve this goal I feel the low frequency response in the room is very important to get a emotional connection to the music .I use a multiple sub woofers with great success in my room . The other thing that helped was having a good reference . I found this by making a pilgrimage to the home of Jim Smith the author of Get Better Sound . My system to me sounded good but after listening at Jims I went home and made some room tuning changers . Now there are very few rooms that I prefer to my own .

The room can only be sorted once you are happy with your system. Once the acoustics are right, invariably you don't like the sound created by a component or cable (if you believe cables make a difference), then you change the sound, so you need to adjust the acoustics and round and round we go.

Being an audiophile is like owning a boat. Its a big money pit. But do you love music? Oh yeah.