Ayon CD transport problems

I have an AYON CD-2S, purchased new 3 years ago. About 6 months out of the 1 year warranty, the transport started to exhibit occasional reading problems.

A CD would be inserted, play for a short or longer while and then play would stop with the display reading LOAD!
This persisted on and off on a rather random basis until yesterday when it happened repeatedly. I turned off the player, let it sit for about 5 minutes and then proceeded to play 3 discs at which point the player would read the disc, start playing, stop, display read load, would read the disc, then the display would read LOAD.......etc. Same issues today.

Contacted AYON USA to find they wanted close to $1000 plus approx. $300 shipping to replace the Phillips transport! When I commented that I had every CD player I had ever bought in the last 30 years and that they all still worked and that I had never had a transport fail............I was told it was bad luck!

Having spent what I consider to be a huge amount of money to purchase the player originally, I feel as if I would be spending good money after bad to get who knows how much or little time out of my player with another transport.

Has anyone else had this type of failure from an AYON or any top loading CD player with a Phillips transport?

nedman52
Hello Nedman,
I purchased a CD2 a few years ago and I have exactly the same problem!!!
It's just outrageous, such an expensive piece of equipment!!
I live in Europe and the technical guy at Ayon has told me the same, it's bad luck! I just can't believe it and have no words to say how frustrated I am.
Until now I haven't had the budget to repair it.
Tell me if you found a solution please.
Thanks
Sal
And by the way, I didn't mention that I had to change the batteries in remote control on average every 3 months....

:-))) I know it might sound like a petty thing but, come on Ayon technical people, you could easily have done it better, it's not rocket science after all...

I'm having the same problem with my cd 07 which is about 5 years old.The other thing that was strange with this player was that it always had problems reading certain cds on the ECM label.The cd 07 would play these discs but would make a mechanical noise.I had sent the player out to an authorized repair shop the first year I owned it  and was told that there was nothing wrong with the player that it must be the ECM cds .Since they couldn't find anything wrong with the player I got stuck with the shipping charges.
I find it remarkable how much "bad luck" befalls Ayon products. Why not Ayre, Accuphase, Vac? 
Hi Sal,
Sorry to hear that you are having similar issues with your Ayon CD-2. I ended up having mine repaired by the Ayon's US importer. When I complained loudly enough they offered to repair it for half price which is still huge money but I felt for what I had invested, having bought it new, I couldn't afford not to fix it. 
Additionally shipping was about $350 for Fedex which Ayon insists on. 
In the end, I am happy in that the player functions better than it did new. A relay was replaced in addition to the transport and the machine is mechanically quieter as a result.
Hopefully, this won't happen again. 

Ned