B&W 802D vs Wilson WATT Puppy

How do these speakers compare?

Thanks.
benfmd
Jungsan - It seems as though you've finally heard the Sophias for what they are. Congrats! I'm currently saving up for them. Simply the most accurate and well balanced pair of under 20K speakers that I've heard. They make any B&W sound like a toy.
Michael,
your impression is more or less the same as what I felt before... until I had a serious session with the Sophia...

like I said.. there are some things about t the B&Ws that still attract me... and I think the Sophia is butt ugly...
but.. I should have mentioned this on the previous post.:
The darn ugly sophias disappeared on me... (for the first time for any speakers..)

the difference became more obvious when the music was more challenging than say jazz or contemporaries... (i.e. some serious concerto, orchestral pieces)

I might change my mind if I give a few more auditons.. (hopely?!?!)... jeez...I sound like almost desperate for the 802Ds...

btw, whatever I say is true only to my own ears.. :-)
and I don't mean in any way that the ML Summit and the 802Ds are inferior to the Sophia.. I just liked it better in my last visit to the dealer... YMMV..

TGIF...
Jay
Hi Jay,

Thanks for sharing your auditioning experience with us!

BTW did you find the Sophia to have a superior treble to the 802D?

Which speaker produced the deepest soudstage?

I too will go on a speaker pilgrimage soon!

My list:

Wilson WATT/Puppy 7/Sophia
Avalon Opus Ceramique
Quad ESL-989
Spendor S8e
Marten Design Miles II
Living Voice OBX-R2
Eggleston Rosas
PMC IB2

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!*>)
goatwuss
Thanks! Good luck with your *Mission: Sophia* as well :-) don't forget to put up your system pics here when you get'em
btw what color are you gonna get?

Kw6
thanks!
allow me to elaborate a little more on the comp. b/w soph and 802D
I should say that my comparison is 99% based on reproducing classical music (orchestral, various concertos, choral, and fat ladies singing etc.)

with Sophia
voice sounds more round and organic/rich
sound stage is more holographic
bass is a little deeper and more well defined (room?)
clarinet and violin sound much more sweeter and realistic
the mid sounds so much realistic... the 802D sounded kind of *shouting in your face* at times like my 703s.. blame the kevelar?? yet the mid of Sophia.. omg...!

and finally to answer your question
to be 100% honest.. I'm becoming skeptical about the diamond tweeter... it sounds more extended and silky compared to the old ones.. but still a little harsh...compared to the Summit and Sophia

sadly, I do not have any experience with or means to give auditons to any of the speakers you listed other than the Wilson duos in my area..(give some steroids and plastic surgery to the Sophia and than it becomes WP7)

Not me, but my dad has heard the Eggleston Andra II (sorry no Rosa) and he actually preferred it over the WP7 and N800 of B&W.. and put it par but different with the JBL K2 S9800 (if you can find this guy here in the statesÂ…)

Good Luck!
Jay
Hi Jay,

Thanks for your additional comments! I'm defintely listeniing to the Sophia/WP 7.

BTW I've already crossed the 802D, Andra II off my list cause its too tall for nearfield listening.

Happy Listening!*>)