balanced are they worth it?

I am thinking of upgrading to transparent ultra from supers and was told that balanced are better and worth the extra cost ? please no transparent bashers this is only a balance questions.
kevinm257
What I have done in the past is contacted the manufacturers of the equipment and asked them their opinions.
I recently changed from unbalanced to balanced, 3 months ago, and I've been pleased. I would say overall, the noise floor is definitly lower. The instruments come from a blacker, darker background, if you will. The strange thing I've noticed though, is that I have a harder time telling the difference between cables. For example, the difference between XLO Reference and Signature seems much more pronounced to me unbalanced then in the balanced form. Maybe I'm crazy (my wife won't disagree) but I prefer the balanced form overall. Gotta go , Dickie Betts is jamming, man this sh@t sounds good.
Thanks evryone for your response to answer the question on equpment used it is a proceed hpa3 and a 20 ft run.