Bass is not enough !!! Speaker problem? Speaker cable? Power Amp? PC of Power Amp?

The bass is not enough!!  Not sure which part is not good enough. Can anyone give any idea??

My system:
Speaker: Sonus Faber Amati (SC = Jorma Prime)
Power amp: Esoteric A80 mono blocks (IC = Transparent Opus MM )
Pre-amp: Esoteric C-02 (PC = Jorma Prime)

PC for Power Amp:
I had been using BMI Oceanic Statement。The sound was beautiful, but the bass was not low enough.
I changed to NBS Black Label II 。The bass was better, but still it was not good enough. However, the sound was not as good as BMI Oceanic Statement. So now I have changed back to BMI .

How I can improve the bass performance??
Amati's weak point is bass? Jorma Prime's bass is weak? 

Thanks!!

opera_lover
opera_lover, allow me to ask a diagnostic question. Did you recently move from another speaker to the SF? Also, what speakers have you heard which you are extremely pleased with the low frequency response/output? Is there a correlation in your experiences of hearing bass you thoroughly enjoyed and the drivers chosen for the bass? 

It is quite possible there is "nothing" wrong literally with the performance of the speaker beyond your expectations. True, you will see some degree of change to the bass - and all other parameters of the speaker's performance by switching power cords, interconnects and speaker cables. However, you will not get a sea change, that is, you will not be able to replicate bass which a speaker with more capacity to produce prodigious bass can do. 

If I have looked at the correct speaker, the Amati Homage, it has two 8" bass drivers. I will tell you that in my experience if I were looking for top end results I would not select a speaker for my personal use with 8" bass drivers regardless of brand, as in my opinion there is simply too much given up in terms of LF performance (This assumes no subwoofer in use). I have used several such speakers and found them lacking in low end impact and frequency extension.

Now, there are a lot of variables in speaker performance, however, there are simply absolute limits to such a driver's bass output. It will not sound anything like a different speaker with comparable quality drive units, but rather larger, i.e. 12". I have handled dozens of speakers of various sized bass drivers, including towers with multiple 8" and giant floor standing ones with multiple 12". There is a world of difference in the capacity of a speaker to have impact and frequency extension based on the drivers used. 

I believe you are disappointed in the speaker. I am quite sure that if you were to bring in any number of speakers with rather different driver configurations to allow a more prodigious bass experience you would find happiness. However, be careful, because you will also experience differences in tonality and cleanness of the bass in different brands. If you obtained the Amati on recommendation from a dealer I suggest you return to them and discuss the insufficiency of the low end. They should be able to help you find a better speaker suited to your taste. 

You may also have room and funds to supplement the speaker with an appropriate subwoofer, a very efficacious and audiophile-like solution to your issues with the speaker.  :) 

I have been using the Amati for a year. Previous it was Cremona, which I could not experience good bass.

The bass I need is just simple as , drum is a drum in pop music, big bass is big bass in jazz....I do not need those bass at the level which makes my heart beat jump with them. 

I have never experienced satisfaction of performance of my systems ever since, so it has been upgraded gradually of pre-amp, speakers and all cables and speakers. (Only components no change are source, DAC, and Amp.)

Until now, after putting in Platinun Startlight to Source -> DAC, Zero Gold to DAC -> Pre,  Opus MM to Pre->Amp, I am more happier than before, EXCEPT the bass.

I have been wondering whenever I visit audio shop, there normal system performs quite well in bass (and other aspects.)
No need to sit in the optimal listening position, just entering the door, I can be immediately attracted by the music. From far away, from behind the listening position, the bass (and other aspects) are very good.

Normal system, normal cables, except some good ceiling panels. Some of them even have big glass shelf next to the system! The systems are just in a corner of the space, not in a dedicated audio room, etc etc; BUT they perform well in many aspects. The importance is the music attract me right after I enter the shops...So I am still wondering what has happened to my system.

Believe me, those systems and the rooms, in audio shops I am talking about are normal (you know what I mean of "normal") compared with many of our systems in the forum.

TODAY,
I removed wellfloat anti-vibration broads from source and DAC, the bass has obvious improvement, and lost nothing from other aspects.
I removed wellfloat and carbon fiber board from Pre and Amp, additional bass improvement.
I am  happier than before of the system now.

The next, I will try taking out the spike base, or taking out the audio board, under the speakers, tomorrow.

Cannot wait.  I tried
- taking away spike base and resting speakers on TAOC board, No improvement
- removing TAOC board, placing spike base on carpet. Addtional improvement of bass.

Now, all wellfloat board, BDR carbon board, TAOC boards are removed from the system, the BASS is back! Also, more details are heard.

That means in my system, all these boards kill the frequencies.

(My wife likes music and is a concert goer, but does not know anything of hifi. She gave a comment that the system is much much better with more details and good bass.)

Why there are so many such boards in my system in first place? They were there since several generations of upgrade. I kept using them and thought they were helpful............my knowledge was/is so weak!

Thanks ALL for the advise. All suggestions/ideas helped.

The Kimber PK10 Palladian power cords I put in my system improved the bass significantly. I described the experience on my system page if you are interested.