BAT or other Valve pre for PASS X-250

Hi there,
Wondered if anyone had tried using a BAT pre (Vk 3/5i)with any of the X series PASS.From my reading I understand there may be a mismatch due to the BATs (already high)impedance rising at low frequencies whilst the Pass has a fairly low input impedance.
I need a balanced valve pre to go with the X-250.
There are noise problems with the unbalanced input, I may need to drive long interconnects, I can't live without at least remote volume and definitely need valves as the Pass is way to solid state sounding for my tastes with a ss pre.
Changing the power amp is not an option at the moment.
Thanks in advance,
Simon
simon74
Hi
I use my Pass X250 with Cary SLP 308.Perfect.All the wiring are Straightwire Crescendo .Speaker cables:Kimber Bifocal Xl.I've found that X series like bright sounding speaker cables.Look for a cable matchup first.Take care.
I use an Audio Research LS25MkII with my Pass X250.5.
The pre has a remote.

For my tastes (primarily classical, instrumental and chamber), the synergy is fabulous.

The two pieces of gear are connected with a Chinchilla (XLR). Elsewhere in the same system I use Shunyata power cords & interconnects.
Hi Guys, Thanks for that.
I am using the Pass with a 20 year lod Musical Fidelity ss pre-amp which probably does not do it justice but find it far to solid state sounding compared to my Nu-Vista integrated which it was supposed to replace.
HMS Gran Finale speaker cables and a variety of i/c's but it's quite noisy on the phono inputs so I'd like to go balanced as I am moving my gear to another room and will need to use long i/c's.
I use an original Hydra with all Shunyata power cords and a dedicated ring main.
I.m also a bit miffed that I can't seem to use it with my REL sub due to none of the speaker outlets being grounded.
It works ok but I'm told it will eventually burn out the amp so no sub.
i've already had all sorts of problems with the Pass (in spite of it being checked and voltage converted at their factory)and beginning to wish I never shipped it over here.

Simon