Ben Harper

Man, I'm diggin this Cat (sorry for my lame attempt to be cool). A while back I bought the cd by Ben Harper and the Blind Boys of Alabama, which is outstanding. I recently picked up his new one, "Lifeline" which I'm tapping my toe to as I type this. Any other Ben Harper fans out there? What other recordings should I be on the lookout for?
cruz123
Love both Ben Harper and Blind Boys of Alabama. I haven't heard the recording with both. I'll have to look that one up. Thanks.
It's called I See The Light and it's absolutely amazing blues/gospel. Great songs, great voices, amazing musicianship. Everyone should have this album.
get fight for your mind and welcome to the cruel world. without a doubt the best stuff he's done. Both sides of the gun was also great, I recommend you pick up the entire catalog. If you get a chance, go see him play live. This guy will blow you away!
I don't know if your into Torrents but I would scour the net and try to find some soundboards. The majority of shows I've downloaded were soundboard/FM Radio feeds. Most FM feeds from Europe. Sound is phenomenal in most cases. I get the impression that he is very particular about his gear setup and mixing. I've mostly recordings from mid 90's - very raw and mesmerizing at times - sick guitar work. I'm not big on his pop stuff (Steal my kisses), but hey the guy deserves to earn a buck. Once you get a taste of some of these boots, that 'Lifeline' disc will be collecting dust.

Get a hold of "Welcome to the Cruel World" and give a listen to the cut 'Whipping Boy' on a good system. Oh yeah, and what Proghead says.