Best band never to release a truly great album?

Yeah, I know, another poll, but these are kind of fun and this one may be a little different. Let's limit it to no earlier than the late 60's (when the album began to be more important than the single). What musician/band do you really like, but has never quite put it all together to make that brilliant album you know is in them.

I'll start by nominating Jethro Tull. Lot's of great songs, but I cannot think of a single Tull record I would call an unqualified success.
curbach
Well, "Roger The Engineer" may not have been totally thought out beforehand, but it certainly wasn't a random compiling of odd tracks, either. A lot of it was basically written as it was being recorded, and together with the previously written tracks, was totally recorded within about the space of a week. This makes it pretty unified, IMHO, even if charmingly (or amazingly) off-handed in its spontaneity, not to mention more than a little dirty behind the ears. And I liiiikes it that-a way!
Beck, Bogert & Appice - both the studio and live album really suffer from those two stupid and sooo mediocre soul tunes. I never couldn´t stand them. Soul thing does not fit them at all. Sorry Tim Bogert, you are not a good singer really. But you are a hell of a bassist :) Otherwise great band. Actually BBA Live in Japan 1973 is one of the most powerful live recording and probably the best rock bass sound captured on vinyl. Alongside MOUNTAIN Twin Peaks from the same year.
Under their own name, it has to be Little Village. Though they are on record in VERY fine form (first heard on John Hiatt's Bring The Family album), they recorded and released only one album under their own name, and it's not good. The rule going in was that no member (John Hiatt, Ry Cooder, Nick Lowe, and Jim Keltner---is that a Super Group, or what?!) could bring any already-written material---all songs had to be written on scene. Not a recipe for making good music.
Very surprised Natellie Merchant never produced a great album, Beth Hart has a great voice with some great songs but not a great Album.
Great Albums I would say Patricia Barber, Kate Schrock come to mind.