Best budget tuner

I am in the market for a tuner. Been looking at modified vintage, as well as new. I am strongly considering a Cayin 220-TI, as it fits my budget. Anyone have one of these tuners? How do you like it?
Any other opinions would be great!
Thanks!
Tony
plagtr2
In my opinion that leaves you a lot of room. I would suggest that you spend some time at the FM Tuner Info site if you have not already.

I wouldn't hold everything as fact that is said within the review section, if for no other reason than tuners vary amongst themselves, but I think the information can be very helpful. I personally feel that a vintage tuner is the best back for your buck and possibly the best bang peroid.

I have owned a Sansui TU-717, Fanfare FT-1A, Yamaha T2, Pioneer ?? (modified), Kenwood KT-917 and now a Luxman T-117. I like the Luxman the best and when you can find one they are relativly inexpensive, definately less than your budget.
I have an NAD 4020A, purchased as a store demo way back in 1984. It's all the tuner I would ever need. The tuning dial is silky smooth. Its BNC connector allowed me to listen to WFMT in Chicago when Cable used to offer that service back in the Dark Ages. Cheap entertainment.
Yamaha T1, T2, Nikko Gamma

bought my Onkyo T9 Quartz locked tuner with 6 month warranty locally for 100; great tuner
The FM Tuner Info site can give you lots of ideas. The APS site has a number of modified tuners, or ideas on which tuners to look for & have modified

APS

You might check on audio aslyum for suggestions. The Sansui tuners (717, 719..even the lower models 714? 715?) have a good reputation, particularly after some mods, alignment, updating..and there's LOTS of them available.