Best Grateful Dead recording?

I have been into the Dead for a little while now, but all I have are some "best of" comps, some cd-r's, etc. I would love a few top-5's (or whatever) of your favorite dead recordings, live or studio. Thanks, Jb3
jb3
Just don't forget to look at the image of "Mars Hotel" in the mirror while held upside down.
Ericd74,
50 bucks for 5/8/77 on cd? Ouch! That's a very common and uniformly great sounding tape/cd, if my burner weren't currently on the fritz I'd burn the person who started this thread a copy right now. A note to all, there are two many ways to get bootlegs for free, don't pay for them without doing some searching. That being said I don't advocate burning any copyrighted recording, just boots.
for those looking for quality GD recordings...lossless SHN files can be downloaded from the internet.

http://www.gdlive.com/ , tons of them. some real gems too!
seek out the spring '90 SBDs that were mixed down from 24track ADAT masters. very nice.

IMO, you just cant beat a great audience recording for pure energy and fidelity. Afer all, the GD is "live band" and not a studio band. Might as well get them where it counts.
JonD...i hear ya, wasn't thrilled about dropping $50, but it was a few years back and didn't know anyone who could burn me a copy...still, i've more than gotten my $50 worth out of this recording

good to see another dead fan / audiophile
The first Garcia - Grisman album. Great acoustic versions of songs and excellent recording quality! I know I am slipping away from the "Grateful dead" question - but this is such an enjoyable album - I had to include it.