Best Integrated amp 'around' $1000???

I'm curious what people think the best integrated amp in the $1000 or so retail range is. It seems the short list is Linn Majik, AR Complete, AA Puccini, Roksan (Kandy/Caspian?), Sim I-5080, Maybe Jolida. Let me know what I'm missing and what your experiences in this $$ range have been. Thanks.
mailman199
There is one here listing at $975. Great product - very neutral and the best warranty in the business.
I'm obviously biased since I currently have my Arcam Alpha 10 listed here for $1050,but I really do think it would be a good choice. See the Arcam website for some info if you are interested.
If you are to choose Linn Majik, you would get very "laid-back" but detailed sound. Majik is very musical too, if matched with right components. It is upgradable, so you can use it solely as an amp, with separate pre-amp. Or it can be used also, as a pre-amp(i've heard good results matchimg Majik pre-Pass aleph 3 amp).I have Majik over three years. Only upgrade i had is in replacing the "jumpers" with "silver AQ" and AC cord with API 313. The "soundstage" have detailed reviews on: Majik, Audio Refinement, Audio Analog Puccini...also all three were "stereophile" class B. You might also consider Sonic Frontiers integrated 2 used around 1k? Good Luck!
Hello, The Densen DM-10 is difficult to beat by any of the wonderful suggestions previously listed. Especially since it lists for over $2k, and becuase it is a relatively unknown brand in the US, is listed here on Audiogon for $1,300. I was going to buy this unit a few weeks back, but purchased a Classe' CAP100 instead. The Densen out-classes all the competiton around $1k Check out the reviews, and good luck
I would like to second the votes for the Audio Refinement and Linn Majik(Eldragon ALWAYS knows what he's talking about). I would also throw a few more in. On the solid state side, the Musical Fidelity A3(you could also look for one of the int. amps from a previous generation - much warmer and very tubelike). And another that Eldragon has put into my mind is the LFD Mistral. On the tube side would be the Jolida 302B. It is a very nice piece. If you switch to European tubes and a nice power cord, it is a giant killer. My vote would be the Jolida + upgrades, but then I LOVE the sound of tubes.