Best Loudspeakers for Rich Timbre?

I realise that the music industry seems to care less and less about timbre, see
https://youtu.be/oVME_l4IwII

But for me, without timbre music reproduction can be compared to food which lacks flavour or a modern movie with washed out colours. Occasionally interesting, but rarely engaging.

So my question is, what are your loudspeaker candidates if you are looking for a 'Technicolor' sound?

I know many use tube amps solely for this aim, but perhaps they are a subject deserving an entirely separate discussion.
cd318
Rectilinear III's with their 5 drivers and wide baffles have a lot of "presence"! I have both the Highboys and the Lowboys! 
Hi, there may not be a problem with your speakers or system.  Jim Smith's book points out that bringing the speakers closer together riches the timbre.  I find tweeter to tweeter should be inside 5 feet with speakers towed straight at you and exactly the same distance from your sitting position/ears..  Benefits include good focus with no smearing and a better sense of dynamic contrast between instruments and acoustical space.  Of course multi-miked pop and rock records have little or no ambiance, but at least the timbre is better.  I assume you attend live un-amplified concerts.
Many actually, but what comes to mind are Tannoy, Harbeth, ESL in general, and I must state as always the XTZ Master M2... a jewel of a speaker given the right amps

What generates rich timbre out in the real world?

Well, what makes your voice sound richer in the shower?

What makes a grand piano’s timbre and texture so rich and lush in a good recital hall?

And what makes the difference between a good seat and a crappy seat in a concert hall?

The reverberant field.

Get the reverberant field right, without screwing up the first-arrival sound, and you will have rich timbre. The best speakers for that may differ from one room to the next. But unless you listen nearfield, most of the sound that reaches your ears is reverberant sound. You don’t get directional cues from the reverberant sound because of the precedence effect, but the reverberant field plays a major if not dominant role in just about everything else.

Exactly what is involved in "getting the reverberant field right" is a big topic and well beyond the scope of this post, but awareness that the reverberant field matters is a crucial first step. It is not the only thing that matters, but it is one of the more important ones, especially if rich and natural-sounding timbre is a high priority.

Duke

dealer/manufacturer

I don't understand the science of it but why do I feel that Duke is right ? I listen within 10 feet, I guess it's almost nearfield.