Best MC step up transformer

I am trying to find the MC transformer for my system. Now I am using Koetsu Urushi + Audio Research Phono Ref 1 with Jensen inside. The sound is pretty good but as always I wanna make it better. I've tryed to use old Koetsu MC step up trans but was unhappy about it. The sound was dull, not clear. When I've looked through ebay and audiogon, I've recognized that they are a lot of unknown for me variants (from 6k$ kondo to 100-200 $). Could you advise the best variant from quality/price point of view ?
shmelev_dm
For a more reasonable amount, how does the Lundahl LL1943 compare with the likes of the Audio Note, Fidelity Research or Auditorium 23 ?
I'm using a Tribute SUT, the current version (with a bigger core) to interface between TSD15 and EAR834. Fantastic performer...lot's of interesting emotional moments delivered.
I've checked it with a lab mesuring equipment: flat, no resonances anywhere=safe to use. The real drawback is the waitig time...

I'm thinking about a second cart-SUT. Has anyone tried Silvercore SUT's? Esp. mc25 in 100% silver against LL1941Ag?
I also have Bob's devices top of the line (with Cinemag 1131 tranny's) and it is far more transparent with a larger soundstage than any of the good SUT's that most build into their preamps....

Unfortunately you are going to find that some individuals do not think that SUT's are the way to go. (Reminds me a little of the tube vs SS debate).

There are some MC preamps that do a very good job but from a design standpoint it is extremely difficult to properly amplify very low impedence MC's as they behave as a low voltage/high current (relatively speaking) device. It's generally agreed that the best way to convert current into voltage (or vice a versa) is with a transformer.

Unfortunately the interaction between the low output MC and the phono preamp input is a tricky one. Although the quality of the step up is important it is all for naught if you don't present a load that the cartridge likes. IME the difference in sound quality of various tranny's (with a properly loaded MC) is very subtle in comparison to a SUT that is not loading the cartridge correctly which is a big reason why the tranny's are available in different step up ratio's and it also explains why most Japenese tranny's switches refer to ohms not to amplification factor.
Wrm57
The Sonus Veritas Venice is available now. Contact Kevin or Joe, I'm sure either one would be more than happy to set you up with one. And here's a heads up for all K&K phono pre owners: Kevin has a new upgrade in the works that is absolutely killer! This will apply to every phono pre (Art Audio vinyl ref., and Venice too) he has ever sold. So, keep an eye on his forum for an announcement.
Kevin has a new upgrade in the works that is absolutely killer!

Parts dipped in holy water?