Best MUSICAL subwoofer for Maxx 2's quality sound?

I posted this under the "speakers" forum, rather than "home theater" for a reason.

Looking to either buy another M&K MX 5000 subwoofer to go stereo pair setup....or, maybe a whole different subwoofer setup.

Running Wilson Audio Maxx 2's, and want to supplement the very low end (below 80 Hz) musically and very powerfully. (Maxx 2's are powered by 2 McIntosh 1201 monoblocks).

Suggestions? Just add another MX 5000, or change? If so, to what?

Thanks, in advance.

John
jbatlanta
The Wilson Watch Dog or any Wilson sub of course matches perfectly. The speed of my Watch Dog II and the impressive crossover allows for seamless matching. If you are using a sub on the Maxx's I would try running the crossover in the 40hz for music. The Wilson sub can have to different inputs and setting for Music and one for Hometheater so you can get your LFE on.

I've owned the Velodyne DD15 and it was too slow and my JLaudio F113 puts out a lot of boom but is not as articulate with notes as the Wilson Sub is. Both work fine for LFE.

If you like to play it loud buy some www.realtrap.com Mondo traps and stick those in your room corners and you will be amazed at how your bass attack cleans up and tightens. If found when listening loud that the room needs to be able to absorb that kind of bass or it just echos and smears.
I agree with Cytocycle - it is best to stick to the same manufacturer for sub and main speakers - that is what I have done and no regrets.
Post removed