Best overall Speakers for $2,500.00 or less, New?

Hi, I am looking to purchase some great loudspeakers for $2,500.00 OR LESS brand new.I am NOT interested in mini-monitors.I want floor-standing, almost full-range speakers.
I want great bass, neutrality top-to-bottom, transparency, great imaging and soundstaging, openness, detail, and an extended and airy top-end.
Some of my friends recommended Paradigm 100 v.3's, Triangle Celius, etc.
In your personal experience and opinion, what full-range loudspeakers in this price range are the overall best in most sonic perimeters?
daltonlanny
So what does it take to be a "Perfect" speaker? How about a frequency response of 29-21K + or - 3db or how about 32hz-21khz + or - 1.5db? How about premium crossover components, drivers and internal wiring? How about a minimal baffle, 1st order crossover and phase correct? What about solid engineering and cabinet design? What about being matched to each other + or - 1db or better? No, they're not perfect but they are as good as you'll get up and past this price point. I suggest the Vandersteen 2Ce Signatures. These are one hell of a fine speaker for $1695 new! Just make sure they are set up correctly and sit back and enjoy music that is not thrown at you but presented for your enjoyment.
Thanks for all of your responses.I appreciate all of them, and will consider all of them. Happy listening!