best pre/pro under $5,000

New or used...I have seen and heard the proceed, krell, and theater grand III. Not sure if I should be looking in another direction. Need to have a 2nd zone for multi room listening. I do 50/50 2 channel and movies. Would love to spend closer to $3,000 if possible. I have read about the Classe 75 and the McIntosh MX 134, but have not reviewed mysef. As always your comments are appreciated
dave1117
Theatergrand III is one that you should find and check out, I have the theatergrand II, sunfire took a great product and made it even better. Has it all, easy to use, and is a very good two channel pre to boot.
You might want to take a look at this thread regarding the Outlaw Pre-Pro. While i'm not suggesting the Outlaw is the best for your budget, the person that posted this review also included their thoughts on quite a few other pre-pro's that they've had. Sean
>
the krell deal is a good one. If you want to go in another direction, i can second the ead recommmendation. Easy to set up and very musical. good luck. Mike.
I also think the EAD is a good pre/pro and very musical, I like mine. It does lack sophisticated audio/video switching and also lacks a 2nd zone.