best preamp ever - cost is no object

Hello there,

I am in the running for a new preamp, cost is no object.
Would appreciate to hear comments from you out there.
Thinking about Lyra Connoisseur 4.2 SE among others.
Poweramp is Tenor 150, speakers are Eidolon diamonds.
Thanks for your help and experience.
aspera
Ralph,
Are you familiar with the many tube saturation devices in the Pro Audio world? These devices are design with just this purpose in mind. Beyond changing the tube saturation/distortion characteristics there are devices in the Studio world that go far beyond what is possible in the audiophile world.

It was my understanding that on top of being an audio designer you are also a musician so you should be familiar with devices like SPL’s Machine Head which let you change tube saturation and distortion characteristics in the digital domain. These are convolution devices but many devices are analog and work of the tubes’ originals saturation/distortion characteristics.

By the way, my experience and the experience of others that have opened up Cello equipment concurs with yours; they were over-priced boutique pieces which did not reflect their asking price. What I was simply trying to do was to show Ryan that although I do not make use of graphic equalizers many mastering luminaries do use them.

The top equalizers that I would recommend are: SPL PQ Mastering edition, Avalon AD-2077 and GML GM-9500 try to tell me that any of those mastering "parametric" equalizers are junk. I personally prefer psychoacoustic equalizers which is a different branch of sound processors.

Your approach of taking the tube variable out of the equation is the correct approach as your design should try to minimize the effects of different "vintage" tubes as much as it is possible.
Herman, Lets get together and listen to each other's systems and let's take it from there! Should we? Where are you located? Maybe I can pit stop at your place on one of my frequent trips to Shanghai, China.
>>09-04-07: Tbg
Bingo, Carlos, I choose not to participate any further is such nonsensical discussions<<

Correction. You choose not to participate further because it was called to your attention there was no disclosure taking products at a discount or even free, and then posting a favorable review on them.

Let's not be so self serving and tell the truth.

For once.
two things

1. It seems that everybody knows who Tbg is but me. How come there aren't any rules here that someone in the industry must reveal themselves? Who is this guy and which of the rest of you are insiders. It isn't hard to figure who Atmasphere is or others who use either real names or company names as monikers, but Tbg?

2. Carlos, as tempting as your offer is, my Mom won't let me invite people over that I meet in internet chat rooms.
Herman, I am a private member who has been in audio for 40 plus years. Bill Feil is a dealer who has a interest in what people say about products, in particular those which he does not sell. I never did a review of Mr. Kait's tweak, but he did approach me asking that I participate in a test. I agreed, I was told that he was thinking about marketing the tweak. I did not pay to participate as a beta tester. I had paid for earlier tweaks by Mr. Kait and liked some. So you can see that Bill is fast and loose with his charges. If you check he contributes nothing to any discussion, only mocking those who say they like products that he doesn't sell.