Best "Used" Audiophile speakers for 1000-1500

I just got my federal taxes done and I'm in the "red"; so, I can't spend $4000 for hi-end speaker this year or maybe ever. Need some input on buying a good "used" audiophile speaker for somewhere between $1000-1500.I realize this is a narrow range but I'm sure somebody out there needs the cash and may want to part with a good to mint pair of speakers which retailed for near $3000. Can't wait for better times to come around!! because, I am tired of listening to the cheap pair of mid-fi cans I found in my friend's basement after I sold my B&W's to finance my dream hi-end speakers. All advice appreciated.
sunnyjim
How big of a room, what type of music, any specific placement restraints, what type of gear are you running, specific preferences, etc ??? Anybody can make suggestions but whether or not they would be suitable to your situation requires more info. Sean
>
Yes, try the ProAc line. I have the 1SC's, which are small monitors, available used here for $1350 or so, but you will also need good solid stands (I use Sound Anchors, but there are other good ones out there available used as well). Also, consider the smaller Vienna Acoustics floorstanders, Bachs or Mozarts. They should be around your price range, and I also love this line of speakers. Great sound, great looks.