Best Reagae CD ?

No doubt this query has graced this forum before.
How 'bout some votes for best *recorded* Reagae cd ?
corina
While Bob Marley will always be my faverite, I suggest copilations as you can sample different artists work without buying a lot of cds (or lps) that only contain one song you like. The Real Authentic Sample (RAScd3301, Heartbeat Reggae Now! (cd HB AN 13), and First Family of Reggea (Shanachie 9100) are three old favs of mine.Its interesting to obrerve all the pop and rock that has Reggae influences, from Culture Club, the Police, 10cc, Steely Dan, Rush, Eagles, Rickie Lee Jones .... It never occured to lots of my friends that Eric Claptons "I Shot the Sheriff" was a Bob Marley song, much less Reggea (of sorts).
I saw Ini Kamoze (sp?) before his "Hotstepper" fame and Statement" was great, but out of print now. Check out the old stuff, its fun. PS what is "Christafari"? Rastafari is a far cry from Christian Beliefs.
Gotta go, havnt listened to Reggae in a while, lets see, Heatbeat first ....
Intesting timing on this thread... the last thing I played late last night -- well, early this morning -- was "Exodus". I hadn't listened for a while and forgot just how good this piece of work is. As good as anything in any genre. Also, check out Yellow Man's "Nobody Move Nobody Get Hurt". And, the soundtrack to "The Harder They Come". And, the film, too. Unfortunately, almost all of my really good stuff is on LP and I am sadly between tt's for the time being.
Hi, Hotcorocket. I've wondered about your user name. Is there a Reggae connection, or is it romanji for Hot Croquet (nihon style of course)?
Jim
The only connection is my love of the genre. Japansplash takes place in August. I'd love to go again.
Try Peter Tosh, "Equal Rights". I have the vinyl and it is a great recording with excellent songs. I'm sure that if care was made in the transfer the CD could sound fantastic. This is one of the best Reagae CD's ever made!
More to discover