Best Rock Album in 2011

This was my favorite thread from last year, so figured I would start it afresh.

I'll start:

Foo Fighters "Wasting Light"---best album by the Foos in years

TV on the Radio "Nine Types of Light"---bit more ambient than Dear Science, but the music is first rate
keithr
This has been a great week for eccentrics, all on vinyl:

Tom Waits- Bad as Me
Magnetic Fields- Holiday
Ted Leo- Live in Nashville
..and a pretty good week closer to the middle of the fairway, too. I just picked up new material from Foo Fighters and Wilco on the recommendation of those above. I blow hot and cold on both bands, but these are two excellent records. I also got Matthew Sweet's and Daryl Hall's fine new records, this week. Both can be recommended, although the Sweet CD is a mess, sonically.

Several of my favorites from earlier this year are Lindsey Buckingham's "Seeds We Sow", the new Jayhawks CD, the Feelies "Gone, Again", and Kid Creole's "I Wake Up Screaming".

2011 has been a rockin' good year (so far).

Marty
New Wilco in 24/96 is pretty great, so is the new Coldplay, and although not New the 40th anniversary Aqualung ought to be sweet.
The Foo Fighters' "Wasting Light" is a must-have rock album (especially on vinyl - 2 LP 45 RPM set + free digital download). Let me emphasize - this is a ROCK album. While My Morning Jacket's "Circuital" *is* outstanding, and Wilco's latest is growing on me (coming from long time Wilco / Son Volt / Uncle Tupelo fan), neither of these releases are "rock" like Wasting Light.
Agree that it takes a few spins for The Whole Love to take hold, but well worth it. Wilco is rolling in clover and not as far from Uncle Tupelo roots as on prior efforts.

Though not rock, Bonnie Prince Billy's "wolfroy goes to town" is a stand-out, and what a lyricist: "I'm no match for those who love god, and they're no match for me."