Best Speaker for audiophile-grade small room rig

I am looking for the ideal loudspeaker for a high-end office-based system.

The room poses a challenge at only 10' x 10'. Electronics are the Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista integrated amp and SACD player. Kimber Select KS-3033 cables.

Listening preferences: rock, pop and female vocals.

Thanks in advance, Jeff
128x128saitow
I have posted in the past on best small monitors. Look at Penaudio. They offer a progressive growth listening system concept that allows you to build your system based upon price and sound all within the same footprint. Their $1500 Rebel 2 are an excellent starting point. Joe Abrams of Portal Audio is their US importer. I have been using their Chrisma monitor for a year and will never change. Send me an e-mail off line if you want more info.
I concur with Cellorover on the Penaudio speakers. They are brand new to the US but the little suckers are an amazing speaker with a very dynamic and natural sound. Contact Joe Abrams he is a great guy.

Good luck
I have a pair of Hales Sig 2's in a room about this size. They sound really good, probably due to the fact that they are a sealed design and use 7" drivers. I would agree with above posts that a sealed system will work best for you.
Highly recommend you listen to the Piega C3 or C3 ltd. Stereophile has a review of the C-8 ltd in this issue . Same speaker only smaller.