Best Speakers to match Ayre V-1xe and K-1xe

I've listened to a lot of options in the last 3 weeks. Wilson Sophias and Watt Puppy 8's, Dynaudio C2's and C4's, Avalaon Indras. I wish I could hear Vandersteen 5a's but no local dealer. Does anyone who knows well or owns Ayre gear comment on the best fit?
mmike84
Just heard the latest speaker from Dynaudio, Sapphire, which is their 30th anniversary model and uses drivers from Evidence line. Dealer claims the sound is better than C2/4 which I don't doubt. Driven by top Plinius gears, I walked out feeling a little cold because it did not connect me to the music as much as I thought it should.

On the other hand, I really like Usher BE series. There was a demo in northern California recently and almost everyone left very impressed.
You may want to consider a speaker design that compliments Ayre's design philosophies:

Conventional designs use negative feedback to compare the output signal to the input signal, which introduces time-domain errors and other artifacts. In contrast, Ayre’s exclusive zero-feedback circuits are designed for intrinsically pure linearity, delivering performance that is coherent and natural.

IMHO, you'd want a time and phase coherent speaker to bring out the most of the Ayre goods - And I'd suggest Green Mountain Audio or Vandersteen.
I've been living very happily with my V-1xe, c5xe,k5, p5, and lc5xe. A full Ayre stack, all wired with Valhalla on my Wilson Sophia 2's. It's pretty liquid if you ask me. No it's not the best I've ever heard, but it's what I own and I definitely enjoy it. I've listed to the c4's extensively on this system, and also in this system with MXRs. The c4's aren't as startling in the attack and decay like the wilsons just due to the cabinet, but they do have a romance about them that the Wilson's don't seem to create as well. Tough choice, because they're both good. Watt Puppy 8's I can imagine would sound spectacular. I've just never heard them hooked up with Ayre gear.
Thanks Matt. That's actually very helpful. I really like the C-2's which I have heard, but the C-4's are not in stock locally. I saw a review where the reviewer had a V-1x and he said it did not have enough power to drive the C-4's. From your comments either he was mistaken, or the "e" fixed the issue. I would love WP 8's and I bet you are right, however at $28k new, and $22k new they are a significantly higher investment than the C-4's or Sophias. My only hesitation with the Sophias is my room is large and has a lot of furniture in it so I thought the height of the C-4's would make them perform better in my environs. Thanks for your input, and I welcome any other comments or suggestions you might have for me.
I use my V-1xe and K-1xe, together with a C-5xe, with Thiel 2 2. Sounds extremely good to me. I would suggest an audition of the Thiel 2.4 (which I have heard with the 1 series and are excellent) and 3.7 (which I have not heard).