Best used or new DAC under $3500

What would be the best DAC for under $3500, new or used? I currently use the Chord Dave and I LOVE it. However, I'm looking to downgrade to save some dough. Some reference points:

1) Yggdrasil:  Sold it as the staging was too narrow/flat and it seemed a little lifeless
2) Ayre QB-9 DSD: Feel its a bit too bright/tizzy - at this point I'm done trying Sabre DACs.

Can anyone recommend a DAC that is not a mainstream sabre chip based DAC? I dont mind it if its an older generation or vintage DAC either - Just something I can get for under $3500. I don't want a discussion to defend Sabre DACs please.

Thanks!

jozurr
It’s simply amazing how the thread starter states he’s had an yggdrasil and is not interested in one and the fan boys come here from headfi pushing it...

I too own an yggdrasil and am very happy with it... But it’s nice to hear about alternative options and what people think about them...

Just give it up guys.. Seriously...
It’s like your Bible thumpers pushing the lord onto people....

Yggy is a damn good dac but  not the holy grail of DACs...
Teac UD-503 or if you want wireless capability Teac NT-503, both use  VERITA AK4490 DACs, check them out, you will be happy you did.
Yo, Zoophaugus,

What's the BEST DAC under $3500 Hmmm?

It's the Schiit Yggdrasil.  Why attack those who share that opinion?
Why not just promote the one you like instead?

The poster's problem is he doesn't like the (known good) DACs he has tried in his system.  I think the issue is with one or more of his other components and not the DAC at all.