Best value Bookshelf speaker

I'm trying to decide which bookshelf speaker to acquire. I just purchased a Bob Carver Dominator 8 Sub which seems good. Will hook it up to an old Audio Research D90 and SP-12 pre-amp (tube/SS hybrids). I have a pair of JSE floor speakers that have Dynaudio drivers and have always loved them, but now are too big for my new room- it's a marriage thing!

I've listened to Dynaudio Focus and Vienna Acoustic Haydns and both sounded nice. The VA salesperson said he did head to head comp w/Dynaudio and the VA's were superior.

Any thoughts from anyone?

Thanks.
jamesk58
Merlin TSM. They aren't cheap, but you will stop looking. Bobby has the best customer service possible.
I went to listen to the Von Schweikerts and two customers who were just leaving said "don't bother, we just did a comparison with the Focal Chorus 807's- blew them away"

They did sound incredible. Soundstage and imaging were fantastic. Much better than the Vienna Acoustic Haydns I heard yesterday.

I may just buy them tomorrow for $750 out the door. I know I won't be disappointed based on the way they sounded and he was running SS Cambridge Amp/Pre-amp. I'll be using ARC tube gear.

I also listened to some Totems which sounded nice but nearly as well as the Focals. Couldn't touch the imaging/soundstage.

The only issue is I really nead to stay with the 806 due to size constraints. The only dif is a 6 1/2" mid vs the 7" in slightly smaller cabinet. My sub should handle any low end missed but these speakers already had very nice low-end.
James,

I really really urge you to at least listen to the Polk Audio's, if you can get past the name and plan on keeping the speakers for awhile I think you'll be suprised at how bad they'll make most of the speakers mentioned in this thread look.
I did get a chance to listen to some Polks but don't believe they were the lsi9's. Unfortunately it was at Fry's which is a big box electro store and the audition was under very poor conditions.

If I can find a higher end store I'll give them a try but again, for my music tastes I really liked the Focal speakers.