Best way to Crossover JL Audio F110 into system

I just purchased a JL Audio sub and want to use a crossover to maximize both the sub and my Sonus Faber Olympica III's. I know that JL has a crossover for 3k, but was looking for "better and possibly more economical" way to achieve this. 

Any my feedback would be appreciated. 

Regards,

hambon
Thanks for the tip. I may look to see if there are any out there. Are there many differences in these?

The excellent First Watt B4 retails for $1500, but Reno Hi-Fi sells it discounted. It provides a lot of flexibility: 1st/2nd/3rd/4th order filters in 25Hz increments from 25Hz to 3200Hz. All discrete components, no Opamps or IC’s.

But if a 6dB/octave filter will suffice, the "cap-on-the-amps-input-jacks" method is the most transparent way to go.

Great feedback bdp24. Sorry for my ignorance but and you explain what you mean buy, "cap-on-amps-input-jacks" method. 

Thanks. 

"I know that JL has a crossover for 3k, but was looking for "better and possibly more economical" way to achieve this."

I wouldn't use the sub. Your SF's completely outclass it. You should get better results running the SF's full range.

+1 on the E110's. I have a pair and the built in crossover is excellent. These work seamlessly with my hybrid electrostats.