Better Electronics or New Cables???

Which have you found to be more satisfying, better hardware or new cables? If you had a spare $1,000 for either but not both, which way would you go?
rockvirgo
That's just what I did, to that very guy; I was curious, we'll see...I plan to be HYPER skeptical about this cord, and will report my findings on here in a new thread enitled "Carl's take on the FIM Gold cord". It might be about 20 days from now, though...To quote Brian, "It just absolutely kills everything...makes the King Cobra sound like a $30 cord...that's why you see so many for sale..." If this is true, then my system will literally transport me to another galaxy...but I doubt it is as "true" as the claim (I don't have a KC for direct comparison, either...but according to Brian, it won't matter). Usually with claims like this, the "killer improvement" is just some radical tonal change...either everything turns VERY DARK, or VERY BRIGHT. Like I said, we'll see. If it even halfway "kills" the SR Ref cord that I have on hand right now, I'll buy this FIM Gold cord, that is certain.
Hey Carl, i'm looking foward to your findings too. I think after you hear the FIM you will not be thinking about PCs for a long time. They are incredible.