Break in period for power conditioners ?

Is there a break in period for power conditioners. I just put a Monster HTS 2000 in my system. Now it sounds thin and bright. Will this change? If there is a break in period, how long is it? Interestingly my TV looks better but my stereo sounds like .... it needs a doctor.
128x128artemus_5
As with ANY solid state (and tube) electronics, there is always a "break-in" period in which the electrons of the metals in the circuit settle. But I doubt that any break-in period will solve your woes. From what I have seen, an upgraded power cord will serve you better than any conditioner, especially for amps. Unless the manufacturer recommends using a conditioner, then I would steer away from them. Exception: PS Audio. But not for amps. They just demand too much current quickly to have any real positive benefit from a line conditioner.
Yes, I have the HTS5000 and it took some time to break in. In fact I was pissed at what it did to my receiver at first (thin and harsh sound), but it warmed up after aprox. 100hrs.
Thanks guys. Played the system a little tonight. It seems that it may be coming around some. Nowhere near as thin as it was. Still not as warm as it should be but getting there hopefully. At this point more analytical than I'm used too. I'll give a progress report in a couple days. Again thanks for your help