Burning/breaking in new equipment?

I am a complete beginner to stereo equipment, never having even owned so much as a record or CD, but I have been reading about it and found what I thought were good deals, so I pulled the trigger this weekend.

The following are on their way:

Benchmark DAC3 (DAC and preamp)
Bryston 4B3 (power amplifier)
KEF R900 (speakers)
XLR cables (from Benchmark)

I have read that new equipment needs to be broken in for about 100 hours. Does that mean I have to play music through them for 100 hours at the same volume I would use when listening or can I play it at a much lower volume?

Note: I am a little worried that the above system might be too bright, sharp or clinical (as I have read about the previous generations of Bryston amps) but I am trying to go for clean, pure, true, honest, accurate, transparent — whatever that means, but I am thinking I want it to sound like what the artists, producers, directors, audio engineers, etc intended when they created, mixed and mastered each track, with nothing artificial added by the equipment. I also went with companies with more solid engineering and less marketing.

bobk3
Re: burning in a speaker....
An audio friend came over with a new aquisition that he wanted to try in my system ...a used digital processor.  He plugged it into my system...flipped on the amp and...
WHUMP-POOF!
In an instant, the square wave amplified by my 250w/ch amp pushed the woofers cones several inches further than they were designed for - and started smoking mightily.  

Instant burn-in...no long waiting.
Thank-you everyone for all the great advice.  I read the Audiogon forums carefully before I bought and learned a lot.

@randy-11
“room treatments”

I started another thread called “DIY absorption panels,” so it will be a combination of GIK and homemade panels.  My room won’t be super hardcore.  I want it to be part of my living space, so we can listen to it, albeit imperfectly, from the kitchen and eating area, hopefully using it a lot more. The audio equipment will be combined with video equipment. I don’t know if I will need to cover the glass on the TV with absorption material when I am doing some serious audio. I think the space will be good though: approx 18x12x10 enclosed by three walls, with one wall having a door. The left side will be open to the rest of the living space. The door and walls and maybe the TV will have panels. 

@randy-11: “source material (e.g. some CDs sound a lot better than others, so you'll want to track down the best masterings of an album) -- tho you don't say how you will feed your DAC”

I have never owned a media disk, so I am going to resist for as long as I can. I was thinking Oppo 203 (~$430 used) but I might not need it for audio, or video.  I will probably try to go with only subscription streaming for both audio and video, with no player, no Oppo. I like the simplicity.

For audio, I will get a subscription to Deezer - the first three months are free, so it is $90 for unlimited FLAC access to 45 million songs the first year.  Do I really need CDs? Does the Oppo give me anything if I go diskless?

For streaming when I first set up the equipment, I will use a Mac or Windows machine, or possibly just an iPhone to stream bits to the DAC through USB. I am also investigating nVidia Shield ($170) for streaming both audio and video. I like the Kodi/SPMC add-ons capability and the access to Google speech recognition. It would be great if I could use Echo/Alexa-like speech commands to find and play songs from Deezer - so much better for me than typing or using a remote to browse.

Oppo gives you ability to play video even if you stream

BTW, galvanic isolation is important for streaming - lots of engineers discussing this on computeraudiophile.com

There is a good argument for not getting into audio discs anymore, now that redbook cd streaming of a huge repertoire is available. Similarly, internet radio offers a huge choice, with often pretty decent or even superb sound quality (usually better than FM radio). With video it is a different story, however. Netflicks has its own series, and some B movies, but very little in the way of art films, or opera/ballet etc. And I know of no streamed alternatives. For that, you still need (UHD) Bluray discs.