Cable Costs Relative to System

Since making a spread sheet with my audio system prices, I have been thinking(shocked) about my total investment in cables. My total system retails at $67,000 (Digital and analog front ends included). I purchased all of it here on Audiogon so my investment is about 50%. Of that I have about 10% invested in interconnects and cables and another 10% in Power Cables (Shunyata Hydra included). That's $13,000 worth of wire. I'm starting to question whether it might be more effective to put some of this budget into acitve components. It would take forever to listen to all possible combinations, but would like to hear others experiences with relatively high end systems and cable selection. It would seem to me that the point of diminishing returns would be reached sooner with cables than with speakers and amps. Do most of you follow the 10% "rule" for cabling? How do PCs fit into this rule? Are there any super bargain cables capable of keeping up with highly resolving electronics?
metaphysics
Nanotech? This sounds distictly pseudo scientific to me. Are you proposing nano tech cables will make a big difference? :S
Wow...what alot of sh.t you guys are discussing!! Ever wonder why a good car radio can sound soooo much better than any HiFi system???? By the way, MIT is one of the only companies who present a strong case for their approach, backed by research...very consistent and superior at most price points!
Jadem6. I ahve no chip and have just regret that people like you mislead the newbies to pay for snake oil. Having worked and sold cable for many years knowing what it costs to make this stuff. Its fools like you aided by big dollar adds and corupt(Sterophile) type mags that fool the fools.
In blind test I would bet anything you could not pic Radio shack spoole wire form the The crazy 1K plus cables. Any money. Snake oil is snake oil. I dont need to brag on spending 5k on wire. To many on this site do.
OK, your right. Cables are a hoax, snake oil, stealing, and I have a lot to gain by misleading these newbies. I love to watch these idiots fall for the ads and price. I get such a chuckle from knowing how many I have mislead. You have also got it 100% correct, if it's not in an ad, I will not even consider it. But really, I purchase solely on price. The more the better. BTW, I actually hate music, so it really doesn't matter, I just want people who have no idea about audio to come over and then I brag about my system. Hell I haven't even plugged it in yet this year. And just so no one misses the point, I hang price tags on every component because that is what I need for my ego.

You nailed it, I'm a con man and there is no way I can hear any difference between my clock radio and my stereo, at least from what I remember because as I said I have not even plugged my system in.

It is so cool how you saw right through my facade. You are the man I hope some day to emulate with your wisdom and knowledge. If I could only obtain 5% of your knowledge I would be grateful. You are my idol sir. I love you!
Jadem6 your also a fool. Like I said blind test. you could not tell the difference from a 12 buck cable and a 1K cable. Thats a fact. You can post all the drivel you want. Fact is you wont take me up on my blind test challenge.