Cable Costs Relative to System

Since making a spread sheet with my audio system prices, I have been thinking(shocked) about my total investment in cables. My total system retails at $67,000 (Digital and analog front ends included). I purchased all of it here on Audiogon so my investment is about 50%. Of that I have about 10% invested in interconnects and cables and another 10% in Power Cables (Shunyata Hydra included). That's $13,000 worth of wire. I'm starting to question whether it might be more effective to put some of this budget into acitve components. It would take forever to listen to all possible combinations, but would like to hear others experiences with relatively high end systems and cable selection. It would seem to me that the point of diminishing returns would be reached sooner with cables than with speakers and amps. Do most of you follow the 10% "rule" for cabling? How do PCs fit into this rule? Are there any super bargain cables capable of keeping up with highly resolving electronics?
metaphysics
blow you away for a budget price of around $200 to $600 FYI, I've had $20K plus cables from Transparent and MIT...these are better

I wish I could be blown away so easily as one piece of wire versus another. My tin ears I guess.
I would also have to agree with having some middle ground in determing how much to spend on cables. As mentioned, if you have a high quality system,then usng more moderately priced cables will still work ver well. But, of course, no matter how good your system, you do not want to opt for low grade cables.
I only admit this here on Audiogon my friends would think Im looney to spend so much on PC,s, I had my Oppo fitted with an IEC and use a Python Helix VX PC and my Denon 1910 with the Anaconda Helix VX PC.
Maybe this thread should be System relative to cable .
Hi guys, I am completely new to higher end audio and am just now trying to figure it all out - so many opinions, claims and feasible sounding arguments to deal with and come up with my own conclusions. I read the reviews and listen to people with an open mind, but - with a healthy dose of skepticism thrown in.
I am now at the cable selection phase of getting my entry level system dialed in and to be honest a lot of what I read about of what 'this' and 'that' little addition to an already ok piece of cable can do if you were prepared to to spend multiple thousands of dollars more sounds like a bunch of malarky to me, still I am not in an informed position....yet. What I would like to see is a an organized event where we got all these people together who sell this extremely expensive cable, blindfold them, and with all other variables controlled, have them guess which is their cable. I would put my money on it that most would fail miserably, still I think that would make for a very interesting shoot-out in TAS and I think it would sell a lot of copies of the mag. My take on the whole thing so far is the cable companies are making bank, the retailers are making bank off the cables and the magazines are making bank through ads and reviews (which sell more mags)......all these people have nothing to gain by telling us cables don't make THAT much difference. At the end of the day what you hear is a very subjective conclusion and you are being told to an extent what you are "supposed" to hear.....a self-fulfilling prophecy. The question is wether this is justified and a simple double blind experiment like I suggest could lay it all to rest.
Just some thoughts from a novice.