Can a Prima Luna Prologue 5 drive early Maggies?

I have a Clearaudio Innovation Compact with 2 Vector 3 tonearms, a PS Audio GCPH pre-amp, Magneplanar MG-I speakers (the original 5-footers which have 87 dB sensitivity), and an old NAD 3155 amp. I’d like to replace the old amp with a new one.
On my local craigslist there is a one-year old Prima Luna Prologue 5 Tube Power Amplifier for sale for $1000. I’ve been warned here before against trying to run my speakers with weak tube amps, but I keep wondering. This primaluna is said to have an output of 36 wpc. Would that suffice for my maggies? How about New 2012 Dared VP-845 SET tube integrated amp? Would that work? Would you advise using the PS Audio pre-amp with it?
franz456
As Magnepan owner powerful solid state I recommend you, don't hesitate about it.
The Prologue 5 will not accept KT-120's, per Upscale Audio. I love mine with KT88's but into 96dB Tannoys.
the K2-120's arrived and are in play. The first 2 hours was troublesome, tube distortion and a bad tube fault. After that they started breaking in,opened up wide and roared. Bass slam and a palpable feeling of greater dynamic openness make these a winner. So far no temptation to put the KT-88's back in circuit.
Douger, sounds like you didn't get the memo :<)
Review the Prima Luna USA site main page announcement, section 4 on the rotating banner. As a product manager outside the audio industry, its no surprise to me that Prima Luna followed good conservative practice, said no to the KT-120's until they actually had time to test and then published a yes answer.