Canare 4S11 Star Quad cables for speaker

how does this wire work for speaker application? I use it for my guitar cable with great results.
gretsch6120
Whoaru99: This type of cable suffers from the same type of signal degradation that most other speaker cables suffer from. That is, it uses lower grade dielectric and more of it due to having four conductors rather than two. On top of that, it is also a stranded conductor, so you'll run into more of what is termed "strand jumping" and "skin effect". Getting around either of these problems involves using very thin aka "flat" conductors and much more costly dielectric in a specific geometry.

As to the electrical drawbacks due to having reduced EMI / RFI potential, the main "drawback" ( if you can call it that ) is that the cable is of wider bandwidth and of lower impedance. This combo can send some gear into high frequency oscillation. Most of whether this happens would be depending on the stability of the amplifier itself. Under most circumstances, both of these traits ( wide bandwidth and lower nominal impedance ) would be considered highly desirable traits, so unless the system is highly flawed electrically and / or the owner refuses to take some simple precautionary steps such as using Zobel networks, there's really not much to be concerned about with these. Sean
>
I was using 4S11 for years in biwire config, and liked it better than Bear labs silver over copper I was using before that, and MIT 330? Shotgun- damn that was so long ago- the yellow double runs.

I actually just upgraded from the Canare to Cerious cables. (used thoughout the system though - didn;t just upgrade the speaker cables)

I guess the one thing good about the Canare is that it is so cheap you can afford to just throw it out every coupla years and get fresh since it oxydizes.

Mine was in a bare wire hookup - that since reading here, seems to be bad.

I had the matching Canare 305 IC's - and seem to remember them sounding grainy in comparison to other cables at the time.